Walton Lantaff, through its attorneys and staff, has a long, time-honored tradition of public service extending back to the Firm’s founding in 1934. Walton Lantaff’s attorneys has historically been defined by its commitment to providing pro bono legal services to community members, as well as civic involvement at all levels of government and community involvement through a wide variety of public, private, secular and religious institutions, organizations and non-profit groups. This tradition began with the Firm’s founding members serving their communities through religious institutions, as members of charitable boards and organizations, and even as elected government leaders. This tradition continues today as the Firm’s partner and associate attorneys and staff carry on with and are involved in many civic, community, religious and professional organizations, including the following groups:
- Dade County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Workers Compensation Section North Florida Friends of 440
- Tallahassee Claims Association
- South Florida Claims Association
- National Alliance of Medicare Set-Aside Professionals
- RIMS, Palm Beach, Broward & Greater Miami Chapter
- Friends of 440 Scholarship Foundation
- Emerge Broward/Leadership Broward Foundation, Inc.
- Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Legal Services Organizations
- Florida Guardian Ad Litem Program
- Lawyers for Children America
- Central Florida Legal Services
- IDignity Seminole, Inc.
Civic Organizations and Involvement
- Altamonte Springs Business Council
- South Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Seminole Chamber of Commerce
- Junior League of Greater Ft. Lauderdale
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida
- Dade Heritage Trust
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society
- Florida Historical Society
- Central Florida Regional Chamber of Commerce, Orlando, Inc.
Community and Charitable Organizations
- Optimist Club
- Salvation Army
- Kiwanis International
- Sierra Club
- Habitat for Humanity
- Children’s Home Society
- Peggy Adams Rescue League
- His House Children’s Home
- KidSide, Inc.
- Bradfordville First Baptist Church Food Bank
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Do The Right Thing, Inc.
- Lighthouse for the Blind
- Disabled American Veterans
- Jewish Federation of Broward County
- United Service Organizations
- Biscayne National Park
- Charity Guild of Fort Lauderdale
Walton Lantaff, through its Senior Partner, Beth Leahy, helps to support local charities that serve medically fragile children and children at risk. Beth Leahy currently serves as President of The Charity Guild of Fort Lauderdale, and in that capacity has helped support and raise funds for Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center and Kids in Distress.
The firm also supports SOS Village Coconut Creek, through its support of the Broward RIMS yearly fundraising auction.