Melissa Jordon primarily practices insurance defense litigation at the firm’s Miami Office. Melissa has extensive knowledge and experience in handling complex property insurance claims, including an innovative approach to mediations, as well as comprehensive trial preparation and management of interlocutory appellate matters. Her prior experiences include work on maritime and insurance defense cases as a law clerk at Hamilton Miller & Birthisel LLP, appellate work as a clerk at the U.S. Attorney’s Office Appellate Division, and general civil litigation work as a clerk for Jason A. Setchen, P.A. In addition, Melissa has served as a legal intern for federal magistrate judge John O’Sullivan, legal intern for the corporate responsibility department at Bacardi-Martini U.S.A. and as an intern for Judge Don S. Cohn for the Coral Gables County Court.
Melissa is currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida, Commonwealth of Massachusetts and State of Connecticut. She stays actively engaged in the local community through her involvement in various organizations and social causes, including service on the Miami-Dade County Bar Association Board of Directors, membership in the Miami Chapter of the Spellman-Hoeveler Inns of Court, as well as serving on her local Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee. She also maintains association involvement in organizations of the Connecticut and Massachusetts Bars.
Melissa is a proud double-cane (University of Miami and University of Miami School of Law Alumna) hailing from Connecticut and an avid golfer.
- First Party Insurance Defense
- Third Party Insurance Defense
- Bad Faith Insurance Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Coverage Matters
- Probate Matters
- Appellate Matters
Admitted to Practice
- Florida, 2016
- Southern District of Florida, 2016
- Massachusetts, 2017
- Connecticut, 2017
- University of Miami, B.A. History & Political Science, 2014, Summa Cum Laude
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. 2016, Cum Laude
- Student Bar Association, Senator
- International Moot Court Board, Vice President
- Charles C. Papy Jr., Moot Court Board, Member
- International & Comparative Law Review, Events Editor
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Spellman Hoeveler Inns of Court