Mr. Elmore joined the firm in May 2016 after merging his practice with WLSC. Prior to joining the firm, he maintained a successful boutique practice serving as outsourced general counsel and local litigation counsel for several large employers. He tried more than 200 cases between 2014 and 2016. His small practice quickly outgrew administrative resources and Walton Lantaff extended an offer to join forces. Mr. Elmore now provides the small-firm attention to detail with the extensive resources of one of Florida’s oldest continually operating law firms.
Kevin is a passionate outdoorsman, proud father, lucky husband and teller of tall-tales (“i.e. kayak angler”). He has more than 150 dives in his SCUBA logbook ranging from Florida’s coasts to shipwrecks in Truk Lagoon (FSM / Weno), Curacao, Turks & Caicos and Italy.
- Insurance Defense- First & Third Party Claims
- Commercial / Business & Construction Litigation- Contract Disputes, Liens, Bond Claims, Defects, Davis Bacon, OSHA & Regulatory Compliance
- Worker’s Compensation Defense
- Real Property Lender Services- Foreclosure, Lien Priority, Code Enforcement and Title Curative Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- Florida State Courts, 2009
- United States Federal Courts
- Southern District, 2010
- Middle District, 2018
- University of South Florida; Tampa, Florida- Political Science, B.A.; 2004:
- With Honors; Dean’s List.
- National Honor Society (Phi Sigma Theta).
- Pre-Law Society (Phi Alpha Delta) Organizer.
- USF Student Government Senator and Rules Committee Chairman.
- St. Thomas University, School of Law; Miami, Florida- Juris Doctorate, 2008:
- With Honors- Top 10%; Dean’s List (5 of 6 Semesters).
- Mock Trial Competitions Team- Vice President.
- Legal Honor Society- Phi Alpha Delta, Member.
- Founder / Plankholder- St. Thomas Admiralty and Maritime Law Society.
- Constitutional Law, Book Award
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Saint Petersburg Bar Association
- Florida Bar Member