Ingrid Benson-Villegas practices first-party insurance defense litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Ingrid practiced in the areas of medical malpractice, personal injury, probate, condominium law, domestic violence, landlord-tenant, constitutional law, and business litigation.
In addition to her litigation practice, Ingrid is on the Board of Directors of the Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (“MDFAWL”) and is Co-Chair of the Membership Committee. She previously served as Chair or Co-Chair of the Public Relations Committee, Website Committee, and Awards Committee.
Ingrid is also actively involved in the American Bar Association (“ABA”). She serves as Associate Editor of The Young Lawyer, a publication that reaches approximately 150,000 readers nationwide and is on the Wellness Team. In addition, Ingrid has served as a Florida delegate at the ABA with The Florida Bar’s Young Lawyer’s Division (“YLD”), most recently at the 2020 ABA YLD Assembly. In 2017, Ingrid initiated the development of an ABA Resolution regarding Florida’s Parental Leave Rule that was passed by the ABA YLD in 2018 and passed by the ABA House of Delegates. The Florida Supreme Court adopted the Parental Leave Continuance Rule in 2019.
At The Florida Bar, Ingrid currently serves on the Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee. In 2020, Ingrid was recognized as a “Rising Star” and Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney by Thomson Reuters. FAWL awarded Ingrid the Leader in the Law Award in 2019 and Ingrid was recognized as part of the 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida class of 2018 by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Insurance Defense
- Child Advocacy/Juvenile Dependency
- Domestic Violence
- Business Litigation
- Condominium Law
Admitted to Practice
- The Florida Bar, 2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2016
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2016
- Florida International University College of Law, J.D., 2013,
- Dean’s List
- Women’s Law Society
- Dade County Bar Association, Vice President of FIU Chapter
- Florida International University, B.A., International Relations, magna cum laude, 2009
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies Certificate
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Miami-Dade Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2017-Present
- Associate Editor of The Young Lawyer, American Bar Association, 2016-Present
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars® by Thomson Reuters, Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney, 2020
- Leader in the Law Award, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2019
- 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2018