Michele Ready joined the firm in 1997. Prior to joining the firm Ms. Ready worked in business management after obtaining a B.A. degree in Music with a minor in Marketing. In law school, Ms. Ready was a member of the Business Law Journal and the Florida Sports and & Entertainment Law Review.
Her primary area of practice is insurance defense and appeals, including an emphasis on Medicare Secondary Payer compliance. Ms. Ready has lectured throughout the state of Florida on Medicare Secondary Payer compliance issues. She was invited to participate in panel discussions presented at the Florida Workers’ Compensation Institute 2010 and 2011 Conference in Orlando, Florida, as well as at the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee’s Legal Professional Liability 2010 conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. In 2013, Ms. Ready spoke on a national panel of experts at the annual education conference of NAMSAP in Baltimore, Maryland and in 2015 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Throughout her tenure as a member of the Florida Bar, Ms. Ready has earned the respect of both the Judges as well as her colleagues in the field and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. She is also an inaugural member of the Richard A. Sicking American Inn of Court.
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Workers’ Compensation Appeals
- Medicare Secondary Payer Compliance
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1996
- Southern District of Florida, USDC, 2000
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts, 1987, summa cum laude
- University of Miami, School of Law, JD, 1995, cum laude,
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Claims Litigation Management
- Chamber South
- NAMSAP, legal committee, 2009-2015
- The Richard A. Sicking American Inn of Court
Honors & Awards
- “AV” Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell