Mike Nesper practices insurance defense at the firm’s Miami Office. Prior to joining Walton, Lantaff, Schroeder & Carson in August 2019, Mike clerked for a civil litigation law firm, gaining experience in the areas of insurance defense, products liability, negligent security, medical malpractice, and personal injury.
During law school, Mike interned for the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel’s delinquency division, helping provide criminal defense for indigent juveniles, as well as interned at the University of Miami’s Children and Youth Law Clinic, serving clients in foster care. Prior to attending law school, Mike worked as a journalist for eight years in Alaska, Washington state, and Washington, D.C.
- Insurance Defense
Admitted to Practice
- The Florida Bar, 2019
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2019, Cum Laude
- Book Award / CALI, Legal Communications and Research
- Book Award / CALI, Law and the Media
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement, Professional Responsibility
- Boston University, B.S., Journalism, 2008