Jazmine Preston-O’Neill is licensed in State and Federal Court and litigates insurance coverage disputes. She is also an Adjunct Professor at Miami-Dade College. She has successfully litigated both criminal and civil matters, including the handling of over 30 trials. Mrs. Preston-O’Neill spent several years as an Assistant Public Defender at the Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office. She has handled thousands of cases ranging from misdemeanor DUI to felonies punishable by life in prison.
Mrs. Preston-O’Neill is dedicated to public service, both professionally and personally, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Miami Service Corps, and as a volunteer Judge for Miami-Dade Teen Court. She is also a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association.
- Coverage Issues
- Criminal Law
- First Party Property
- Insurance Coverage
- Breach of Contract
- Declaratory Actions
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Secretary of the Board of Directors, Greater Miami Service Corps (2012- present)
- Volunteer Judge, Miami-Dade Teen Court.
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Member, Wilkie J. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- State of Florida, 2008
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- American University, B.S. 2003
- Student Representative, American University Council Advisory Board
- AmeriCorps Volunteer
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD, 2008
- Member, Trial Advocacy Team
- Dean’s List
- Volunteer Intern, Cabrini Green Legal Aid.
Honors and Awards:
- Selected by Legacy Magazine as one of South Florida’s 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today & Tomorrow for 2015.