Bernard I. Probst is a senior partner at Walton Lantaff Schroeder & Carson, having joined the firm in 1978. He handles a statewide practice in insurance defense litigation and has handled virtually every form of insurance defense matter in the numerous jurisdictions and venues throughout Florida, including jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, and administrative hearings.
Mr. Probst served as Managing Partner of the firm from 2002-2008 and is certified by the Florida Department of Insurance as an Instructor for continuing education credit for insurance adjusters. For more than 40 years, he has lectured throughout the Southeastern United States on insurance defense matters. Mr. Probst has an AV Rating with Martindale -Hubble.
- Liability and First Party Property Insurance Defense Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation Defense Litigation
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1978
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
- Nova Southeastern University Law Center, J.D., 1978, Cum Laude
- The University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts, 1975, With Honors
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 1997 Defense Attorney of the Year Award, Friends of 440, Inc.
- 2008, Defense Attorney of the Year, Treasure Coast Section of the Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- 2006-2020, South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2006-2014
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, Florida Super Lawyers Top Lawyers