Attorney Michael Scott is a litigation attorney who has been with Walton Lantaff since January 2016. Mr. Scott possesses experience in workers’ compensation defense, property insurance defense, real estate law, employment law, and contract drafting. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Scott gained valuable experience at a personal injury, family law, and worker’s compensation civil litigation law firm in Hartford, CT.
In preparation for his current position, Mr. Scott attended the University of Connecticut. During school, Mr. Scott was an active member of multiple organizations, interned at a full service Chinese law firm in Beijing, China, and won the 2016 Hartford County Bar Association Golf Scramble. Mr. Scott also volunteered at the Hartford Family Court’s Domestic Assistance Program and worked in the UConn Law Library and UConn Law Fitness Center.
Aside from work, Attorney Scott enjoys traveling, sports, and self-improvement.
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- First Party Property
- Real Estate
- Employment Law
- Special Disability Trust Fund
Admitted to Practice
- Florida, 2015
- Massachusetts, 2015
- Connecticut, 2016
- Southern District of the U.S. District Court of Florida, 2018
- University of Connecticut, J.D., 2015
- University of Connecticut, B.A., World History & Psychology, 2012
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section
- Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Section
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Sales Agent
- REALTORS of the Palm Beaches and Greater Fort Lauderdale