Laz Rodriguez joined Walton Lantaff’s Miami office as an associate in 1998. Mr. Rodriguez immediately began litigating a wide array of civil and insurance defense related matters. Mr. Rodriguez quickly rose through the ranks and became a partner in the Firm in 2003.
Mr. Rodriguez has extensive experience handling cases from pre-suit through trial in many different civil litigation / insurance defense sub-areas, including 1st & 3rd party property / bodily injury, bad faith, professional liability, medical/dental malpractice, workers’ compensation, premise liability, and automobile negligence, as well as professional administrative actions before the Department of Health, and in numerous jurisdictions throughout the entire State of Florida.
In addition to handling his own caseload, Mr. Rodriguez manages one of the Firm’s largest litigation defense groups composed of partners, associates, paralegals and legal assistants.
- 1st party property defense (from the pre-suit / EUO investigation process through the litigation and trial of the claim)
- 3rd party property / bodily injury defense
- Bad faith
- Professional liability
- Medical/Dental malpractice
- Workers’ Compensation Defense litigation
- Premise liability
- Automobile negligence
- Professional administrative actions before the Department of Health
Admitted to Practice:
- Florida, 1998
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1998
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C. Juris Doctor, 1998
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida M.B.A., 1997
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida B.A., 1994
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association