Joshua Orlan attended the University of Florida where he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in political science. He then received his Juris Doctor at Emory University School of Law, graduating with honors. While in law school, Mr. Orlan served as the Student Bar Association President and as an executive board member of the Trial Team. His experiences have included, working for Justice Melton of the Supreme Court of Georgia, interning at the Public Defender’s Office, clerking at a prestigious Miami based civil litigation firm, and practicing as a student prosecutor for the United States Attorney’s Office.
He has tried and helped litigate complex and diverse cases including violent gang extortions, wrongful death claims, civil rights actions, and medical malpractice fatalities. He has participated in trials in State and Federal Court, in front of both judges and juries, and has helped secure very favorable results for his clients.
Mr. Orlan joined Walton Lantaff Schroeder & Carson LLP in April 2018. He focuses his practice on all areas of insurance litigation and trial work, including negligence and intentional tort claims, premises liability, medical and dental malpractice, workers’ compensation, products liability, and homeowners, commercial and motor vehicle litigation.
- All areas of Insurance Defense litigation
- Medical and Dental Malpractice
- Workers’ Compensation
- First and third party property damage, construction, and products liability claims
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Florida
- State Bar of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor with Honors, 2017
- The University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 2014
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- Student Bar Association, President, 2017
- Broward County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section
- Jewish Federation of Broward County
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Emory Law Diversity and Inclusion Board
- Moderator of 2017 Jimmy Carter International Forum
- Emory Law Class of 2017 Commencement Speaker
- Keynote Speaker at Holocaust remembrance events
Honors & Award
- Order of Emory Law Advocates, 2017, Inductee
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities, 2017, Inductee