Joseph Suarez is a partner in Walton Lantaff’s Miami office and has been with the Firm since 2007. Mr. Suarez practices in the areas of insurance defense (first party property and third party liability), bad faith litigation, professional negligence, commercial litigation and construction litigation. Mr. Suarez also has experience handling family, admiralty and administrative law matters. Mr. Suarez has worked extensively with insurers to provide liability, coverage and SIU opinions on claims, whether in suit or pre-suit, in order to assist in claims handling, defense planning, and managing risk. In the courtroom, Mr. Suarez has obtained multiple summary judgments and involuntary dismissals with prejudice for his clients and has handled cases through trial. Mr. Suarez is also certified by the Florida Department of Financial Services as an instructor for continuing education credits for insurance personnel and has presented various courses on insurance law, claims handling, examinations under oath, and bad faith claims. Mr. Suarez is also a title agent associated with Attorney’s Title Fund Services, LLC and assist in real estate closings.
- First party property insurance defense.
- Third party liability defense, including coverage issues and litigation.
- Construction litigation.
- Commercial litigation.
- Real estate closings.
Admitted to Practice:
- The Florida Bar (2007).
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2007).
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2009).
- Florida International University College of Law, JD, 2007
- Florida International University, B.A. in Political Science, 2003
- While in law school, Mr. Suarez was a member of Florida International University’s Board of Advocates and Moot Court team, where he was honored with awards for his writing and advocacy skills. Mr. Suarez also made the Dean’s List for his academic achievements.
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Cuban American Bar Association.
- Belen Alumni Lawyers Section.
- Member of Attorney’s Title Fund Services, LLC.