Beth Leahy, Esq.
Ft Lauderdale Office
110 East Broward Blvd
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33301
Area of Practice and Experience
- Ms. Leahy’s experience includes all areas of insurance defense litigation, including premises liability, negligent hiring and retention, products liability, professional malpractice, and workers compensation. Ms. Leahy’s experience includes the defense of employment discrimination, wrongful termination, whistleblower, and wage/hour claims in State and Federal courts. Ms. Leahy’s experience includes both trial litigation and appellate practice.
- Ms. Leahy is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Professional and Civic Activities
- AV rated
- Lecturer for the National Business Institute
- Lecturer certified by the State of Florida to provide continuing education credits to Florida insurance personnel. Topics have included the interrelationship between employment discrimination, leave statutes, and Florida workers’ compensation and liability laws, ethics, defenses applicable to civil lawsuits, Evidence Code and Rules of Procedure, and numerous workers’ compensation topics.
- Active in RIMS and PRIMA
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Broward Bar Association
- Nova University (J.D.) (1980)
- Attended Temple University School of Law
- Lycoming College (Magna Cum Laude)